1. How many “tailor-made” laws were designed, packed, voted in parliament and passed into force by the complicity of a divided and distracted, not to say inexistent or maybe servile, opposition?
2. How many (un)constitutional adjustments (oriented changes) passed unobserved by both seeds of the parliament? (As-Shura & As-Sha’ab. It just needs that some of the opposition “Honourables” refrain from the vote or not being present to allow the wrong doing).
3. How many “Honourables”, whether delegates or senators really devoted their mandate time entirely for the people, and not only and exclusively for their caste’s private benefits?
4. How many of “Them” did abandon his/her private exercise while serving the mandate? (Lawyers to leave the practice and their private legal firms, doctors to leave their private clinics and apply for absence leave from public/private appointments before joining or presenting candidacy…etc.)
5. What influence, over the country’s political, economic and social sorts, had the imposed monopoly of all parliamentary committees majority into the hands of the governing party?
6. What impact did the public funding, to major media and mass communications mediums, produced over the country’s political, economic and social education?
7. Why the opposition parties remained silent and never succeeded to move the mass?
8. Where were the opposition parties hiding when the shameful flagrant looting of the country’s resources have been going on in the form of treaties, contracts, protocols, accords, monopolies…etc?
9. When, in our modern history, a general deployment of social forces and movements to collect signatures for the purpose of obliging the governing bodies to abide by the people’s will? (Except in 1919).
10. Who decided to substitute the term “Civil Servant” by “Honourable”?
11. What could be our reason for accepting to pay “Them” golden salaries, privileges, benefits and wages; and let “Them” do whatever pleases “Them” and their caste’s objectives not ours?
12. Who will answer in detail these legitimate questions?
13. What political ideas inspire Egypt’s declared national and international policies?
14. Why did we allowed “Them” to ruin our lives, our health, our culture and our economy?
15. Where is it written that we must remain obedient to the international monetary institutions orders?
16. Why our intellectual class didn’t inform us of the dangers and hazardous results of that kind of “follow the herd” obedient practices?
17. What was the real impact of the religious institutions, over the past 60 years, on the overall Egyptian “Cultural Behaviour”?
18. Why did we permit such a “Horde” to experiment continuously the wrong policies? (in education, health, agriculture, culture, labour, economy…etc).
19. When did “Scientific Research” had any influence over political decisions?
20. What reason(s) is (are) there for not having anymore: Om Kolthum, Taha Hussein, Abbas El Akkad, Moustafa Musharrafa, Saad Zaghloul, Moustafa Kamel, Mohamed Farid, El Ghazaly, Moustafa El Nahas…?
There are thousands similar questions buzzing, loud at a million decibels rate and fast at light speed velocity (just because the Neutrinos speed isn’t completely proven yet), inside my brain and between my ears. I am sure that the moment we would honestly answer at least these few I mentioned here above, will be the moment that we will be able to confidently answer this classic question:
“What do you want to be when you grow up?”.