The Grand Imam, the helm of Al Azhar and supreme reference for the Moderate Sunni World have pronounced the word, fixed an ultimatum and detailed ‘his’ 3 steps plan for National Reconciliation!
However it may seem awkward and contradictory, yet for him it is the most comprehensive and plausible thing to do, saying he will not participate as a member in the National Reconciliation Committee (that he suggested for the Interim Executive to constitute within his fixed dead line ultimatum); and why? Because he “cannot convince the Brotherhood and their allies (to actively participate and join efforts with the National Salvation Front and the Interim Executive to compromise a path for Pacification) after they have witnessed the poured blood of their companions”!
Well in my book, if Al Azhar seriously and sincerely want to be part or even better to lead the way for a National Pacification/Reconciliation, it must occupy the ‘head of the table’ to preside and mediate for as long as it would take and as hard it will be.. Because dear Grand Imam this is not a Friday Prayer Sermon.
I believe that if you really believed in what you’re now saying, you should have anticipated firsthand the Brotherhood’s mobilisations against the Liberal Coalition manifestations, against the Security and Armed Forces; or at least would have warned them publicly about the dangers of their marching close to the TV building and the Tahrir Square where the ‘others’ were; simply because having their marching ‘martyrs’ and the other liberal ex-opposition forces in such proximity, is inherently dangerous Dear Imam.. Civil Wars have begun that way.
Or perhaps you do know what we don’t?! Does the Brotherhood want a Civil War? Could that be the price that Egypt must pay for securing their rule? Is that what Morsi meant when he promised, or warned, the Brass upon his arrest saying that “..you’ll enter into a dark tunnel”?
Don’t play it safe (as it has become the tradition of Al Azhar institution in the past eight decades) Grand Imam.. Set the example, make your decision and take your stand by the side that you truly believe is the best to bring to safe waters the entire Nation. Because it is the multi-ethnic-multi-cultural Arab Nation that we’re talking about, not just the Muslim part of it.
On the other hand, let me ask the Brass and the National Salvation Front:
· Why the hurry to orchestrate a Coup and sell it as a Revolution?
· Was the fear of Islamising Egypt your only motive?
· Or did you know about a wider Middle East project designed abroad and executed on board?
· If so, is the Syrian model a pilot exercise of that project?
And to the Brotherhood and their allies I say: you’re not only losing credibility as an alternative, but as well you are feeding hatred and division knowing the exact harm but unaware of the unlimited damage of your miscalculated actions simply because:
· You didn’t understand, or it was never included in your deeply rooted culture, that a fundamental of Democracy is ‘Free Opposition’. To you and your devoted disciples, whomever is not of your opinion is an enemy to fight and to forcefully silence.
· You abandoned reason as the tact for convincing the ‘other’.. Even in your main mission “Al Da’wa”, you’ve adopted the easy techniques of seducing the recruits through mundane incentives, not anymore by inciting ideas to elaborate for spiritual explorations.
· Everywhere throughout the Islamic world, you have used the social frustration as a perfect mass motivator for your own ends.
· You couldn’t unite the Islamic world to fight the real enemy, Israel and the New Empire, so you’ve invented one of your own among your own.
· Your calling on strength (and violence) as the ‘only’ mean for achievement, by the pretext that this is the only language that the ‘enemy’ understands, could be understandable; but as we were ordered to ‘prepare’ and ‘build’ our strength (not violence or aggression) to ‘intimidate’ (not to assault to kill) our enemy and that of Allah; I believe that the order was not absolutely open ended, it was conditioned that we successfully define ‘Strength’ and accurately identify the ‘Real Enemy’.
I call on Al Azhar, the Brass, the NSF and the Brotherhood: tell us what you know and not what you think that we need to know, because “Only The Truth Shall Set You Free”.
But.. There is no deaf worse than the one who does not want to hear!Pass On The Word.